Summer holiday in the Silver City is ALMOST like a cruise, safari, beach holiday, city trip and active holiday all at the same time.
... City trip*
*Here you can experience the UNESCO World Heritage:
- stroll through the listed Old Town Centre
- immerse yourself in 850 years of history and culture
- Listen to silver organ sounds in the cathedral or amusing city guides Siver sounds in the Cathedral or amusing city guides
- go to cosy restaurants
- relax and browse in small, exquisite boutiques in the Old Town Flair
- HISTORIC OLD TOWN CENTRE - over 500 listed town houses from the late Middle Ages and cosy alleys.
- CATHEDRAL OF ST. MARY & SILBERMANN ASSOCIATION - Concerts on Silbermann organs, Golden Gate, Tulip Pulpit and Electoral burial place of the Wettin dynasty.
- SILVER EXHIBITION MINE FREIBERG - visit the shaft above ground and experience the adventure of silver mining at first hand.
- CITY AND MINING MUSEUM - unique exhibits from Freiberg's cultural and mining history in a historic setting.
- TERRA MINERALIA IN FREUDENSTEIN CASTLE - probably one of the largest and most beautiful mineral shows in the world
central in Saxony
- Exciting surroundings for a variety of outdoor activities on the doorstep with Saxon Switzerland and the Ore Mountains.
- Good train connections: Take the train to the state capital Dresden or to Chemnitz every half hour and in only 30 minutes.
Overnight stay in Freiberg
From home: A warm welcome! Eat well, drink well, hold meetings or spend the night - Freiberg is well equipped for you - whether you are with your loved ones, friends or colleagues and business partners. It is worth spending more than just one day in the Silver City. 3- and 4-star hotels in the heart of the historic Old Town as well as restaurants with typical Saxon as well as international cuisine await you with friendliness and hospitality that comes from the heart.