World Heritage Stop
Embark on a tour past the most beautiful buildings and sights of Freiberg's old town - since 2019 part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Mining Cultural Landscape Erzgebirge/Krusnohori". On the way, they will learn all sorts of things from 850 years of the city's history: facts, anecdotes and stories about customs and tradition. Of course, there are also audio samples - of the Silbermann organ, the Steigerlied (German miners´ song) and Anacker's miner's greeting.
Highlights of the route
- Untermarkt with St. Mary´s Cathedral and City and Mining Museum
- Buttermarkt with St. Nicholas Church und theatre
- Schüppchenberg / frist silver discovery
- (planned) Silber exhibition mine „Reiche Zeche“
- City wall with Donats tower and Kornhaus (granary)
- Freudenstein castle with the world's largest mineral collection terra mineralia
- Upper Market (Obermarkt) with the fountain monument to the town's founder "Otto the Rich" and the town hall with Meissen porcelain carillon
City Sightseeing Tour
Timetables 9 March - 18 December 2022*: Wednesday To Sunday
* winterbreak: 20th Dec. 2022 to the End of February 2023; March, November & December according to shortened winter timetable
Duration: approx. 1 Hour
Departure / Arrival: Schloßplatz
Adults: 9.50 €
Reduced*: 8.50 €
Children from 4 to 14 years: 4.50 €
Families (2 adults and 2 children): 25.00 €, each additional child 1.00 €
Groups: from 20 p. 8,50 € p.p. | from 35 p. 8,00 € p.p. | from 45 p. 7,00 € p.p.
*Guests with a degree of disability of 70 % or more.
Guests who have a "B" in their ID card travel free of charge.
The GTC of the operator apply, e.g. point 5 in the event of trip cancellation.
Masks compulsory: Mouth-nose covering must be worn in the train.
Tickets available directly on site
Tickets are available on site at the Tourist Information. Advance reservation is not possible. Groups of 10 or more are welcome to register.
A maximum of 32 people can travel on each trip.
Special tours / train hire:
Additional dates for group and special tours are possible with advance notice: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel.+49 (0) 3731 / 16 82 70 6
Mike Pickran | Silberstadtbahn
Herderstrasse 8 | 09599 Freiberg